From the Desk of the Editor

Joseph Sturtz, Editor-in-Chief

As a fresh new school year dawns on Servite High School, another year of opportunities opens up for each of the Friar classes. Whether it be the freshmen adjusting to a different environment, the sophomores facing an increased workload, the juniors continuing their academic and athletic efforts, or the seniors facing a premature view of a new horizon, we all go through different stages in our high school careers.

Understanding that, we at The Spokesman hope to provide you with updated news about Servite and events on the Servite campus in an informed and entertaining way.  In this edition of The Spokesman we are excited to present a myriad of subjects produced by our very own talented writers in the Journalism department.

We are starting off the year by focusing on introducing some of the newest teachers in the Servite family and saying farewell to two of our most beloved teachers who are moving on from Servite. Additionally, we are relaying information on our wonderful student exchange program, the new and improved priory program with the Dean, a helpful list of things you may have missed this past summer (or not), and also a rundown on our fall sports and Academic Decathlon. The Journalism staff wishes you all the best in the upcoming year and hopes that you continue to support The Spokesman and thespokesman.org!