What’s Next for Servite Seniors?

Chase Bowen, Staff Writer

The idea of going off and living on your own may seem like a fun and new idea at first, but as the days go by, this idea might turn into a scary one. Even if you aren’t exactly sure how to go about handling this new challenge, many say that preparation is the number one key to choosing the right major and college environment. To think that in about a year the current senior class will be off exploring a new segment in their life, college, is an exciting but surreal thing.

A survey was sent out to the senior class of 2017. Not all responded, so our statistics are not exact. However, among those who did respond, almost 88% say that they are not only ready for the challenge of college, but are looking forward to whatever it has in store for them. It’s always a great feeling to know that we’re prepared for a certain challenging task that lies ahead.

Servite has set a goal throughout its many years to prepare its students for the next step in their academic career. Many students in this year’s senior class are seeing these results first hand as 61% say that they’ll be continuing after high school at a university. An additional 26% percent of students also say that they’re choosing to move forward at a college level.

Another key topic when starting the college search is choosing a major to pursue. Although a significant amount of college students end up changing their major at one point or another in the first few years, it’s definitely important to have a basic idea of the field you’re going to want to go in. It seems as though the overall favorite major of this year’s senior class is business, with a total vote of 35%. The second overall choice with a percentage of 16 is the major of engineering.

It’s clear to see that Servite’s halls are home to the brightest minds around. Others though aren’t quite sure what they want to study. Although 18% of students fall under this category there’s no need to fear. At Servite it’s easy to find faculty and staff ready to help you find the right path.

Overall the future of the class of 2017 is looking brighter than ever. Of all the senior classes that have gone through Servite High School, the class of 2017 is up there with the best. No matter what challenges or struggles we all go through in our lives, we’ll always be able to turn to our brothers for help through it all.