Club Rush

Davis Rembert, Staff Writer

The week of Club Rush is a week of new beginnings for all, whether you’re involved in the top dog clubs like French Club, JSA, and Film Club, or you’re a brave pioneer willing to try out Super Mario Bros Club or the new Technology and Innovation Club. Either way, there is something for everyone.

Each club has a new leader this year, inspiring the feeling of new beginnings. The French Club’s new president, Ethan Plettinck ‘17,  is very excited for this upcoming year. You probably hear every morning on the announcements something about the French club because he is constantly advertising it and promoting it.

“People should join the French club because we immerse ourselves into the French Culture and we have French students that will be here for two months. We will be watching french movies, listening to french music, and learning about everything French,” said Plettinck.

Joining clubs is a great way to show diversity and that you are active in your school community. Colleges look for people that are very involved and joining a few of the numerous clubs that Servite has to offer is something every student should do. You never know if you are interested in something until you experience it.

Another club that has been on the rise is the chess club led by its new president John Synowsky. Chess has been around for a long time; it can help your brain develop strategic skills.

“Playing chess at lunch against a friend is a great way to spend lunch inside with AC, especially when it is hot outside,” said Synowsky. “Our club holds our tournament and will issue chess ID cards for our members to compete with at other schools.”

One of the great things that Servite has to offer is the great amount and diversity of clubs. If you don’t like one club, then there is the option to not attend the club and try to find something else.

1 Comment

One Response to “Club Rush”

1. Lisa Plettinck on October 27th, 2016 9:00 pm

So proud of you, Ethan! Mastering another language and learning about other cultures expands your world view and can only make you a better human being. No one can argue that we don’t need more understanding about each other in this crazy world of ours.

Hope I didn’t embarrass you too much!
    Love,
    Aunt Lisa

[Reply]

• Club Rush

Servite News

Their Story: A Look at the New Faces of the History Department

• Club Rush

Servite News

Who is Patrick Aimone?

• Club Rush

Student Life

A Culture of Words

• Club Rush

Servite News

Priory: What’s New

• Club Rush

Servite News

The Subject Without Limits

• Club Rush

U.S. and World News

Vincent Bevins: A Renaissance Writer

• Club Rush

Servite News

Freshman Formation 2017

• Club Rush

Opinions

Summer Is Overrated – Here’s Why:

• Club Rush

Culture

Taylor Swift Rules Over The Summer Music Industry

• Club Rush

Servite News

Bruno Serato: A Man of Faith and Courage

Club Rush