Proposed Course Offerings

Morgan Schavone, Content Editor

Servite High School prides itself in its ability to prepare students for the challenges of college. But who prepares students for Servite? How exactly does one beg for a dollar? What is the best way to avoid a JUG? And how exactly should you manage parking your car on Wednesdays? All Servite Friars must know these valuable skills. Therefore, I propose the following course offerings in the future.

Hall Navigation 101: You may think that the bell is a simple indication of transition, but for many students, this couldn’t be further from the truth. The sound of the bell for many students is the embodiment of nightmares; the carnage of backpack abuse, fallen books and potential dress code checks are a constant danger. Learn valuable strategies for safe and efficient hallway navigation in this course.

Wednesday Car-Parking in the Modern World: The city of Anaheim is greatly concerned with the conditions of their streets to the point of hiring a street sweeper to come every Wednesday and clean the neighborhood around Servite. As a student, you may drive a brand new car that your parents bought you or a car that your parents lent to you. In this course, you will learn the much-needed skills necessary to navigate the Servite parking lot on these Wednesdays. Dont be the one who has to maneuver the parking lot, coming within inches of other cars with your new Ford Tacoma. It’s not worth the risk.

JUG Avoidance and Survival Skills: The key to avoiding jugs is creativity. If you are sitting in first period and you realize that you don’t have a belt on, don’t give up hope. Look around, scrounge for materials to make a belt if necessary.

1 Comment

One Response to “Proposed Course Offerings”

1. Mr. Walswick on April 11th, 2016 12:08 pm

Mr. Schavone, I appreciate the utility of this article and I am sure a number of students will benefit from it. I would offer that you also include a course on “Construction Sanity” This course would endeavor to teach the students and faculty how to block out jackhammering, design a personal air filter apparatus to prevent dust and other microbes from entering their nose, and sundry meditation exercises. This educator and alumnus would also offer to teach a course entitled “Maintaining a Servite Laptop: A Self-Service Approach”. This course would instruct freshmen and others how to utilize that link at the bottom of every login screen “Forgot our Password or Username”. It would also cover some of the more difficult tasks they face such as resetting network passwords, charging your laptop at home, adding a subject line to emails, how to determine if someone got your email without having to ask them “did you get my email?”, and finally how to print a document at least two periods before it is due.
    Once again, I thank you for starting the conversation and look forward to any assistance I may be in getting these courses UC A-G approved. All the best, Mr. Walswick

[Reply]

Proposed Course Offerings